I haven’t posted much lately about life. Maybe because until this week it was still winter in Saskatoon and I was just tired of it. That being said, we have been busy around here.
- As Mark posted, he is in the process of leaving Caswell School and heading to Westmount where he is applying to be part of the Let’s Lead program. He is really looking forward to exploring Saskatchewan and pushing himself.
- I posted about the deck box. Jordon, Mark, and Oliver ran it up to the cabin last weekend along with some supplies that will go a long way in opening up the cabin. Oliver was mad they didn’t stay long but was placated when they let him play with Mark’s TouchPad.
- We are spending Mother’s Day up there.
- We did manage to get the lawn raked and mowed. It isn’t looking that bad but it does need some warmer weather and fertilizer. After that is done we start painting and fixing the fence. Then once June comes, we hit it with weed and feed to stop the onslaught of dandelions that will be coming from the abandoned lot behind us. Somehow the city’s infill guidelines need to ban dandelions as an option.
- The picket fence on the house needs to be repainted. Both Jordon and I want to just get rid of it but that will be a pain as well. I think we will fix it, paint it and then hate ourselves for doing it.